Sunday, February 20, 2011

Japan 2009 Recap!

As some of you guys might know, I visited Japan in 2009 and I thought I would post a little recap about my trip!
Complete with Pictures! So Please Enjoy!

First up, the famous 109-2 Building this is the place to go for Gyaru-O Fashions. Floor upon floor of amazing clothes! I visited this place many times during my stay. Pictures aren't allowed inside so I don't have any of the stores inside but trust me; I loved everything I saw!

Up Next is the ドン.キホーテ Building. Otherwise known as Don Quijote, this place is amazing!
You can literally buy ANYTHING here, Socks, Circle Lenses, Perfume, Nails, Booze, Clothes. LOADS more. I personally needed socks and DON QUIJOTE came to the rescue!

Here is Takeshita Doori, a very busy shopping street in Harajuku. You can find the famous Angel Heart Crepe stand on this street along with lots of shops selling everything from discount Gyaru clothes to accessories! I personally stopped by an accessory shop that sold everything for 1,000 Yen! What a Deal!

I am sure you all recognize this building! It's none other than Shibuya's 109! Gyaru Mecca as it were.
Tons of Gyaru Shops are located inside as well as a cute restaurant! As with 109-2 pictures aren't allowed inside. You could sneak them but I didn't wanna risk it XD


This Bright place is Sentaa-Gai In Shibuya, there are MANY things to do off this street, from Karaoke to food to Game Centers where you can find Purikura Machines!

While in Japan I decided to get my hair cut and styled. The picture above is of the Salon I visited! They had a projection of their logo on the street. I thought that was pretty cool! The haircut was an experience all in it's own. When they wash your hair they spend literally 20 minutes massaging your head! It was heaven, they placed a face mask over my eyes and spent their time really making sure I was taken care of! It was nice to be treated so well!



Here is the result of the haircut and style! I love how they made it look so piece-y! Unfortunately Japan's Humidity completely killed my style in about 30 minutes =P So I am glad I snapped a picture of it before it fell down!

I was also lucky to spend my birthday month in Tokyo! This picture was taken at a ParaPara Club event. I got in for free and also got free Honey Toast which is the dessert you see in front of me. It's a very popular dessert at many Japanese restaurants!


Speaking of desserts! Let's end with something sweet! Everything I had in Japan was so tasty! They really take pride in making sure everything is so pretty! Even this simple parfait looked JUST like the picture on the menu! Japanese whip cream is something else, it's taste is very different from the U.S. it was amazing!

I hope you enjoyed my little re-cap of my Tokyo 2009 trip. This year myself and Miri, fellow member of Bulaklak Tribe, will be heading back to Tokyo for a longer trip so please look forward to a major re-cap of that! In the meantime look forward to more outfit posts, event pics, and style tips from me!

-Rock Your Style Everyday-

No comments:

Post a Comment